You are cordially invited to Max the Mutt’s November Open House !
Why do our graduates do so well? Why were we ranked first in North America for 2017 for Digital Illustration, 3rd in the world, by The Rookies, an international website supported by major companies worldwide?
Visit us to find out about the unique learning environment at a college created 20 years ago by artists, animators and educators passionate about their arts, and motivated by the desire to pass on their skills. Community, professionalism, and generosity of spirit are words that best describe the culture we believe in and do our best to encourage at the college.
On Saturday, November 4th we will be open from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm:
Learn more about each of MTM’s three, in depth 4 year diploma programs and the careers each prepares you for:
- Our new 4 year Illustration & Storytelling for Sequential Arts Diploma Program (replacing the 3 year illustration program)! We’ll share with you the additional courses that now make this a more secure path for people who want to study for a career in comics and graphic novels. This program now gives you additional skills for jobs that will sustain you while build build your comic book/graphic novel career!
- Learn about exciting changes in the Classical & Computer Animation & Production Diploma Program. the only program in Toronto that gives you entry level skills for both 2D computer (Harmony) and 3D (Maya) animation jobs!
- Learn about the many career paths open to graduates of our Concept Art for Animation & Video Games Diploma Program!
Following the info session, you’re invited to participate in a group tour of the college, where you can view student work from all 4 years and see classes in session.
- Bring your lunch, and stay on to meet Dave Ross, Author of “Figure Drawing for Illustrators”, Internationally acclaimed Comic Book Artist and MTM Instructor.
- A book signing will follow the workshop, Introduction to Figure Drawing Without a Model.
- Dave’s recently published book, “Figure Drawing for Illustrators” will be available for purchase, or bring your copy with you and get it autographed!
We are also open on Sunday, November 5th from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Call us to book private tours, and attend one or both free Sunday workshops:
- 11:00 am: Introduction to Cartooning & Character Design For Animation Workshop with Tina Seemann, Co-Director of Max the Mutt and Animation Coordinator!
- 1:30 pm: Layout for Comics Workshop with Kent Burles – Illustrator, Comic Book Artist, a MTM Instructor and Illustration Program Coordinator.
Remember if you plan to take a workshop or workshops please bring your sketch book and drawing materials.
Max the Mutt graduates can be found at top companies including Pixar, UbiSoft, Warner Bros Games, Guru Studio, Nelvana/Corus Entertainment, ToonBox Entertainment, National Film Board of Canada, Sony Pictures Imageworks and many more.
Visit us to see where they got their start and find out how our programs help our students make dreams come true!
Please note: We suggest a private tour for those of you who are sure which direction you want to go in! We encourage you to include family or a good friend, and we offer, if you request it, free consultation on your art work and portfolio advice
Please RSVP to email@example.com or call 416-703-6877.
Max the Mutt College of Animation, Art & Design offers three 4 year in depth diploma programs, Classical & Computer Animation & Production, Illustration & Storytelling for Sequential Arts, and Concept Artf or Video Games & Animation.