You are cordially invited to Max the Mutt’s first Open House of the new academic year!
What makes us different? Visit us to learn about our unique learning environment, a college created by artists, animators and educators passionate about their arts, and motivated by the desire to pass on their skills. Community, professionalism, and generosity of spirit are words that best describe the culture we believe in and do our best to encourage at the college.
On Saturday, September 30, at 11:00 am attend the information session!
Learn more about each of MtM’s three, in depth 4 year diploma programs and the careers each prepares you for.
- We’ll be introducing the new 4 year Illustration & Storytelling for Sequential Arts Diploma Program (replacing the 3 year illustration program) and sharing with you the additional courses that now make this a more secure path for people who want to study for a career in comics and graphic novels! This program now gives you additional skills for jobs that will sustain you while build build your comic book/graphic novel career!
- Learn about exciting changes in the Classical & Computer Animation & Production Diploma Program
- Learn about the many career paths open to graduates of our Concept Art for Animation & Video Games Diploma Program.
- Following the info session, participate in a group tour of the college, and view student work from all 4 years.
- In the afternoon, (2 to 3:30 pm), attend a free workshop, Introduction to Visual Storytelling for Comics with Greg Beettam ( professional comic book and graphic novel artist , and Max the Mutt instructor).
We are also open on Sunday, October 1 from 10 am to 3 pm. Call us to book private tours, and attend one or both free Sunday workshops:
11 am: An Introduction to Cartooning with MtM’s own Tina Seemann, College Co-Director and head of the animation program.
1 pm: Drawing Heads with Illustrator, instructor, and a coordinator for the Illustration program, Kent Burles
Max the Mutt graduates can be found at top companies including Pixar, UbiSoft, Warner Bros Games, Guru Studio, Nelvana/Corus Entertainment, Toon Box, National Film Board of Canada, Sony Pictures Imageworks and many more. Visit us to see where they got their start and find out how our programs help our students make dreams come true!
Please note: We suggest a private tour for those of you who are sure which direction you want to go in! We encourage you to include family or a good friend, and we offer, if you request it, free feedback on your art work and portfolio advice.
If you plan to take a workshop or workshops please bring your sketch book and drawing materials.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416 703 6877.
Max the Mutt College of Animation, Art & Design offers three in depth diploma programs, #Classical&ComputerAnimation&Production, #Illustration&StorytellingforSequentialArts, and #ConceptArtForVideoGames&Animation.