Information to help you begin your application process:
Step 1: Get Informed
- Learn about the program of study you’d like to pursue by reading about it on our website:
- Not sure if an Art-Based Career is right for you? Download our FREE Ebook: HELP! I think I want an Art-Based Career!
- Contact us via our Contact Page OR call in and speak to our Admissions Team. (Main: 416-703-6877 OR Toll Free: 1-877-486-MUTT)
- Schedule a tour to visit our school, or if you are inquiring from a distance, we can also arrange an information session for you over Skype.
- This is your chance to interview us and see if we might be a good fit for you. In the mean time, download our Course Calendar for detailed information about our programs, courses, and faculty. Do your research, bring your questions, and feel free to show us artwork as well!
- After the Tour/Info Session the Admissions Counselor can assist you through the application process should you wish to apply
Step 2: Apply
Max the Mutt offers an environment where you are known as an individual, not just a number! In keeping with this philosophy, our admissions procedures differ from most schools. We want to connect with you before you make the decision to apply ! We want to find out more about your goals, and be sure we’re a good fit for you.
View our Application Requirements
Click the link to your desired program, scroll to the bottom of the page and find: Application Requirements
Once you decide to apply, we’ll explain the difference between being a “Preferred Applicant” or a “Regular Applicant,” and will work with you to book a review date that works for us and for you. In the email confirming your review date, you will also find the link to the application and review fee payment form ($75 for Canadians, $100 international).
We will follow up with you after initial contact, and after you’ve received enough information to make an informed decision about applying. Of course, you’re also always welcome to email or telephone us if you’re ready to proceed!
The Admissions Counselor will make sure you understand the whole application process:
- Learn how to become a “preferred applicant.” You will have a slight advantage being a preferred applicant.
- Set the day and time for your portfolio/application review and we will send you a confirmation email.
- This email will include the link to our application form. Complete the form and submit it, and pay the application review fee.
- We will contact you with our decision shortly after you have been interviewed & your portfolio has been reviewed.
- An Admissions Counselor is always available to answer your questions and explain current requirements for enrolment.
Please email or call us if you have any questions about this process.