- Completed APPLICATION FORM and PORTFOLIO REVIEW FEEOnce you book the date or your review, you will receive an email confirming this appointment that includes both a link to a page on our website, and the required password to complete and submit the application form and pay your review fee.
- A copy of your secondary and/or post-secondary school transcripts. Please provide transcripts from any institution attended in the last five years.
- A written character reference from a current or past instructor or employer. This should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ask your reference to write “Character reference for ___________” in the subject line.
- A drawing of your own hand.
- 2 still life drawings done from observation ( not from your imagination, and not copied from a photo). Each drawing should have at least 2 objects ( for example a bottle and an apple) set up on a surface such as a table top, and drawn in relation to each other and the surface they are on. These drawings can be line drawings (no tone required), but attention should be paid to composition and line quality.
- An observational drawing of part of a room (interior).
- An observational drawing of what you see outside.
- Pages from your sketchbook
Program Specific Requirements
A pencilled page showing the following:
- A character approaches a building.
- The character finds the entrance to the building.
- The character enters the building.
- Another character meets the first character.
- They interact.
A drawing showing the following:
- A drawing of a simple object from three different points of view.
A 2-3 page essay about yourself and why you want to attend this program. Your essay must include:
- What graphic novels, comic books, or illustration artists have inspired you and why?
- What are your major interests and influences?
- What are your favourite books?
- Have you had any team or group experiences?
FOR 2021 APPLICANTS ALL APPLICATION INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD ONLINE. ONCE YOU HAVE BOOKED YOUR REVIEW DATE YOU WILL RECEIVE THE LINK TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION AND PAY YOUR REVIEW FEE. SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS AND PORTFOLIO AT LEAST 2 DAYS BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED SKYPE REVIEW BY PDF ATTACHMENTS TO EMAILS, OR BY CREATING A GOOGLE PAGE AND GIVING BOTH ADMISSIONS AND YOUR REVIEWER PERMISSION TO VIEW.
Additional Requirements For International Students
Before deciding to apply, please be aware:
- Upon acceptance, you will have to apply for a Study Permit. Therefore, before you begin the application process and invest your time and energy, we suggest that you take the time to be sure that you meet Canadian Immigration guidelines!
TO QUALIFY FOR A STUDY PERMIT, YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING:
- An IELTS General test overall score of 6.0 or greater
- Proof of funds to study and support yourself while in Canada
- A valid Passport of more than 6 months
- Notarized Copies of transcripts
If you feel that you meet the above criteria and you have decided to apply… please contact the Admissions Counselor at email@example.com.
INCOMPLETE PORTFOLIO REVIEW APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED. PLEASE REVIEW ALL THE REQUIREMENTS CAREFULLY. IF YOU ARE MAILING IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE, PLEASE SEND IT VIA COURIER, REGISTERED MAIL, OR BY E-MAIL.
How to Apply