- Completed APPLICATION FORM and PORTFOLIO REVIEW FEE (Contact your Admissions officer for more details).
- A copy of your secondary and/or post-secondary school transcripts. if you are a mature student, please provide transcripts from any institution attended in the last five years.
- A written character reference from a current or past instructor or employer. This should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to us in a sealed envelope. International applicants are also required to submit one character reference.
- Two still life drawings of objects in an environment. For example, a bottle and an apple on a table, or toys on the floor.
- A drawing of your own hand.
- A drawing of a room (interior).
- A drawing of a neighbourhood (exterior).
- Pages from your sketchbook.
Program Specific Requirements
A pencilled page showing the following:
- A character approaches a building.
- The character finds the entrance to the building.
- The character enters the building.
- Another character meets the first character.
- They interact.
A drawing showing the following:
- A drawing of a simple object from three different points of view.
A 2-3 page essay about yourself and why you want to attend this program. Your essay must include:
- What graphic novels, comic books, or illustration artists have inspired you and why?
- What are your major interests and influences?
- What are your favourite books?
- Have you had any team or group experiences?
Students who live at a distance can apply by submitting documents and portfolio through attachments to emails, and arranging a Skype interview.
Additional Requirements For International Students
Before deciding to apply, please be aware:
- Upon acceptance, you will have to apply for a Study Permit. Therefore, before you begin the application process and invest your time and energy, we suggest that you take the time to be sure that you meet Canadian Immigration guidelines!
TO QUALIFY FOR A STUDY PERMIT, YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING:
- An IELTS General test overall score of 6.0 or greater
- Proof of funds to study and support yourself while in Canada
- A valid Passport of more than 6 months
- Notarized Copies of transcripts
If you feel that you meet the above criteria and you have decided to apply… please contact the Admissions Counselor at email@example.com.
INCOMPLETE PORTFOLIO REVIEW APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED. PLEASE REVIEW ALL THE REQUIREMENTS CAREFULLY. IF YOU ARE MAILING IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE, PLEASE SEND IT VIA COURIER, REGISTERED MAIL, OR BY E-MAIL.
How to Apply