An Enhanced Art Portfolio Development Program
The Extended Portfolio Development Program is designed for those who want to develop basic skills in the hope of applying to colleges or universities for art-based programs. Our main focus will be for people in grades 11 and 12 but also for those looking to get into a creative career and build on their art portfolio development. This intuitive workshop will not only provide the fundamentals to honing necessary art skills, but will provide a personal and private portfolio review to ensure that your application is strong and ready to make an impact at the schools you choose.
This program runs 12 weeks on Saturdays, from October 17 – Dec 19 (no class Thanksgiving weekend) before taking a two-week break to resume again January 9 and conclude January 23rd. With many schools accepting portfolio submissions until February 1st, students will be given the option of scheduling their Private Portfolio Review any time throughout January with their instructor so that they can submit their work in time to meet any deadlines. Please ensure that you have already prepared a Portfolio for this review and have any other work completed throughout this program on hand as the Instructor may make recommendations to help you strengthen the presentation of your portfolio.
What is taught:
- Figurative Life Drawing – 21 hours of instruction *Please note that nude models will be used for this class.
- Perspective – 24 hours of instruction
- Principles of Drawing and Structural Drawing – 12 hours of instruction
- Colour Theory and Design & Composition – 12 hours of instruction
- Application Process & Art Portfolio Development (i.e. how to write an application/how to write your essay/what pieces to include in your portfolio) – 3 hours
Includes Private Portfolio Review: 30 minutes each, scheduled on own time – Please ensure that for this segment you have a portfolio prepared to review with your instructor